Zuma is a modern village about 20 kilometres downstream from Jebel Barkal on the northern bank of the Nile. The nearby post-Meroitic cemetery contains numerous impressive tumuli with diameters of up to 53 metres and heigts up to 13.5 metres.
Since 2003, Zuma has been part of the UNESCO World Heritage serial property "Jebel Barkal and the sites of the Napatan region".
You will enjoy travelling with us …
- Small groups of no more than 11 travellers
- Private journeys, tailor-made tours and self-guided trips
- Expert scholars with you all through the tour
- Unique itineraries and extensions that take you off the beaten track
- Partnerships with archaeological projects and local communities
- Private behind-the-scenes access
- Personalised customer service and attention to detail