Erkowit is a kind of Sudanese Davos. It is situated only 40 kilometres from the shores of the Red Sea in the Red Sea Mountains at a breath-taking altitude of 1100 metres. Due to this location, it boasts a relaxingly cool climate and unique flora and fauna.
Erkowit served as a popular retreat for the British before they left Sudan in 1956. Several colonial style houses, scattered over the mountains, remind visitors of this time.
You will enjoy travelling with us …
- Small groups of no more than 11 travellers
- Private journeys, tailor-made tours and self-guided trips
- Expert scholars with you all through the tour
- Unique itineraries and extensions that take you off the beaten track
- Partnerships with archaeological projects and local communities
- Private behind-the-scenes access
- Personalised customer service and attention to detail