Suakin is an ancient port town about 60 kilometres south of Port Sudan. From the 15th to the 19th centuries AD, it was the most important harbour on the African coast of the Red Sea.
Suakin's old town, which was entirely built of coral, is located on a small island in a deep blue lagoon. Destruction of this unique assemblage is progressing rapidly – so don't miss the chance to visit it as soon as possible.
You will enjoy travelling with us …
- Small groups of no more than 11 travellers
- Private journeys, tailor-made tours and self-guided trips
- Expert scholars with you all through the tour
- Unique itineraries and extensions that take you off the beaten track
- Partnerships with archaeological projects and local communities
- Private behind-the-scenes access
- Personalised customer service and attention to detail