Republic of the Sudan
On 1 January 1956, Sudan became an independent state, with Ismail al-Azhari being its first Prime Minister.
Since 1989, Omar Hassan Ahmed al-Bashir has been President.
In 2011, the Republic of the Sudan and the Republic of South Sudan became two separate states.
You will enjoy travelling with us …
- Small groups of no more than 11 travellers
- Private journeys, tailor-made tours and self-guided trips
- Expert scholars with you all through the tour
- Unique itineraries and extensions that take you off the beaten track
- Partnerships with archaeological projects and local communities
- Private behind-the-scenes access
- Personalised customer service and attention to detail